COVID-19: What we are doing to protect our patients
With COVID-19 being at the forefront of everyone’s thinking, your care and the safety of your loved ones are our main concern as we continue to deliver Emergency dental care services to our community.
I would like to discuss the preventative measures taken at our clinic:
- All staff, doctors and patients are screened daily for their recent contacts and asked about any travel.
- Patients and staff are kindly asked to reschedule appointments if they have a cough, fever or are experiencing breathing difficulties and/or have interacted or live with anyone who has travelled outside of Canada within the past 14 days.
- Furniture and surfaces are cleaned and sanitized multiple times daily.
- Diagnostic equipment is sanitized before every use.
- All instruments and every surface in treatment rooms is sanitized according to hospital standards for each patient.
- Proper hand hygiene with use of hand washing, hand sanitizer and/or disposable gloves is our standard of patient care for all doctors and staff.
For the health and well being of our staff and patients in response to COVID-19, please be advised that our clinic will be adhering to the recommended provincial wide shut down as of mid March.
During this closure we will be available to treat ESSENTIAL/EMERGENCY patients. We are taking all the precautions to ensure the health and safety of all patients and staff during this time. Klara is generally in the office to catch up on paper work and filing pre-estimates for patients when we are ready to come back to work and to answer and questions you may have. She is generally there Monday to Friday from 9-4pm.
For any emergency call Klara at 905-825-5110 or after hours there will be contact information on the answering machine.
AIR PURIFICATION: IQ Health Pro Plus Filter System
We are incorporating Air Purifying/Filtration System in our Dental Practice. The new IQ Health Pro Plus Filter System
Its unlike other air purifiers, IQ Air’s Hyper HEPA filters are proven to stop the smallest, most harmful particles in the air, all the way down to 0.003 Microns-the smallest particles the exist. This includes VIRUSES, PET DANDER, DUST MITES, AIR POLLUTION AND EVEN CIGARETTE SMOKE. IQAIR’s revolutionary Hyper HEPA technology filters particles 100 X smaller than what other air purifiers’ claim.
IQ Air purifiers use only healthy technology-no ozone, no ions, no UV, no chemicals. The result is pure, healthy air without the unhealthy by products that other air cleaners generate.
IQ Air systems are manufactured in Switzerland to exacting standards. Also, IQ Air’s advanced design eliminates air leakage so all the air moving through the system is cleaned. IQ Air is the first and only air purifier to achieve a breakthrough zero (“0”) reading using a particulate counter to measure filtered air. That’s why most medical/dental facilities trust IQ Air for medical environments.
I look forward to seeing you at your next scheduled visit.